Artist

Beverly Nowak

Photography is the only way to capture those wonderful moments that we all take for granted; first smile, first steps, becoming a big sister or brother, graduating high school, or finding that special someone to spend the rest of our life with. Sometimes in our busy lives we forget to capture them and later wished later that we had, so don’t let those fleeting memories slip away. Let me capture them, and preserve them in a timeless photograph. From children of all ages, families, seniors, couples and weddings.
As a professional photographer, I specialize in lifestyle photography; a more relaxed, natural form of portraiture, using whenever possible natural light and nature. I strive to make each portrait session as relaxed and informal as possible to create a natural, artistic image even in the studio. I believe that my background in education, art and graphic design only adds to the experience to help capture and create those unique, creative portraits and designs with only YOU in mind. Each and every one of us is special with our own unique personality, so let’s express it.
My love of the Arts began with drawing and painting as a very young child, and continued to grow as I was exposed to different mediums and areas of art. In high school, through my art and photography classes I began learning about design, composition, exposure, and darkroom techniques. I continued to pursue my love of the Arts in college at Emporia State University were I received a Bachelor’s Degree in Art Education K-12. I learned that not only did I have a passion but I wanted to share it with my students and teach them to truly see life and the beauty within.
In 1997 I became a high school Art instructor, teaching art and graphic design, advising the Yearbook staff and doing all those “extras” that new teachers are asked to do. It was a student that first approached me to take is senior portraits that started my career on a slightly different path, Photography, so thank you Matthew. After taking his portraits, more and more of my students began to ask if I would take theirs, so in 2001 I started Nowak Photography. I was teaching and with what little free time I had taking mostly senior portraits of my students in the evenings and weekends, however the word began to get out and people saw my work and that’s how it has evolved. I love to teach, and more than likely someday will return to the teaching field, but after teaching for ten years and giving so much of my life to the school and my students I decided it was time to finally be “Mommy” first, my family needed me and I needed them.
I currently live in Belle Plaine. I have two very beautiful girls, ChloƩ, 4 and Adyson, 10 months. They are my life, my pride and joy. I do not know what I would do without them. With my families love and support I now have the pleasure of working full time as a professional photographer.
I would love to answer any questions and schedule a consultation with you.

Comments

Popular Posts