COMPUTER DOWN

A black cloud loomed over Nowak Photography on Monday evening. It had been a great day, I had managed to get a lot of orders processed and uploaded to the lab, and was excited about the progress I had made. I took a break and went to pick Chloe up from school and spend time with the girls and then was going to come back to finish a few things will supper was cooking. It was then my computer starting acting very sluggish, and slow so I thought it would be best to shut down to let it rest for a moment and then restart it. As I am shutting down, it informs me that there are updates that need installed and start installing them before completely shutting down.
When I came back to my computer to restart it, it began loading and then gave me the message that there was a problem with start up. Would I like to restore it to a previous working date, when I went to try and say yes, the mouse no longer worked so I could not click anything.
Yes there was a HUGE PROBLEM!....my computer would not start back up. The blue line just kept running across my screen. First thing tuesday I took it the the repair shop after several attempts he informs me that it will take a full system restore, and he has to wipe my computer clean. That means loosing all my software and everything. To someone that is a professional photographer and a graphic designer this was devastating. It means loosing all my presets, actions and shortcuts I have created in photoshop, it means losing years of work.
Don't worry when I says years of work...all my photos and designs are out on my external hard drive, nothing there was lost.
Too make matters worse...the black cloud seemed to loom all week. I found out Wednesday that my computer was up an running but not correctly and who knows for how long. There were still major problems and it would cost close to $400 dollars to fix it, and still not guarantees. So right now I am back to using my old computer and having to jump work from one computer to another because I have an older version of photoshop on the laptop, and lightroom. Not the most efficient but hopefully not for long. I am going to try and wait till the after thanksgiving sales and more than likely buy a NEW computer, it is just SAD my old computer was barely a year old and I loved it.

Comments

Popular Posts